Following the Newtown massacre that resulted in the death of 20 children and 7 adults, gun control has been at the highlight of discussions across the political arena, news media and social media. From President Obama placing gun control as a priority leading into the 2013 to the leader of the NRA (National Rifle Association) saying we need MORE guns in the school……..the country is heavily divided.
On one end of the spectrum, you feel for the kids and adults who lost their lives at the hand of a very sick person. You want no more than to tighten up laws around gun control and limit the availability of fire arms. On the other end of the spectrum, you want metal detectors placed in every school and you want an armed guard outside of each school to protect your children and loved ones. As per Wayne LaPierre, vice-president of the N.R.A., “The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun!” More guns is clearly not the resolution. We don’t need any more vigilantes like George Zimmerman saving the world.
No one really knows the answer at this point, but we have to recognize that there have been 31 mass shootings in the United States since the Columbine massacre. If we can’t do anything in regards to who can purchase guns, the US should revise current gun laws so that they prohibit all automatic and semi-automatic weapons. We truly do not need another Sandy Hook massacre to occur as a result of ignoring this very important issue.
- FWD: Is Gun Control The Issue? (stuffmymomforwards.com)
- Looking for a Good Gun Control Law? (xmatman.com)
- Gun Control? Or Gun Common Sense? (sahmataineking.com)
- Philly Loves Guns Too! Gun Sales Shoot Up 25% In Philadelphia (philebrity.com)
- Sandy Hook exposes the logic gap in NRA’s opposition to gun control (csmonitor.com)
- NRA Flexes Muscle in Gun Control Fight (voanews.com)
- US School Massacre Reignites Gun-Control and Gun-Rights Battle (voatibetanenglish.com)
- Common Misdirection, Gun Control (thepowderkegblog.com)
- Gun control debate heating up in statehouses (conservativeread.com)
- Religious leaders launch campaign for gun control (religion.blogs.cnn.com)